Terms and Conditions
Now for the fine print! Please take a look at the conditions of booking set out below prior to reregistering for a trip with InTerraTree.
1. Our Contract
All bookings are made through InTerraTree, a program under the organization NextGEN North America (www.nextgenna.org). NextGEN North America has non-profit status in the U.S. under the fiscal sponsorship of the Ecovillage Network of the Americas. By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis.
2. Payment Requirement
You are required to pay the full price for whichever InTerraTree program you book. For our June 2015 Trip to Togo this cost is $800 USD. Along with submitting the online registration form, this payment is necessary in order to complete registration and reserve your space on our trip. Spaces are limited on our June trip so we can not reserve yours until payment is submitted. This payment is non-refundable once we have confirmed your space on the trip. However, in the event that we must cancel or modify your trip prior to departure, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be given the option to have your payment returned in full.
The deadline for registration and payment submission is May 25, 2014. Please see our Steps to Departure page for a complete list of the actions we recommend you take prior to departure.
No participants will be allow to join our program in Togo without the payment, unless you have the explicit permission of our InTerraTree Volunteer Coordinator expressed in writing. If you have made alternative arrangements with our Coordinator you are obliged to meet these agreements in full.
3. After Booking
We will confirm acceptance of your booking, registration form and payment submission, in a written email. Please note that the issuing of all relevant travel documents and information will also be sent to you via email after we have confirmed your booking.
If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
4. Your Details
In order for us to confirm your travel arrangements you must provide all requested details, along with trip payment. The majority of these details will be submitted through our online registration form. They include: include full name, date of birth, nationality, pre-existing medical conditions, and dietary requirements. After you have made your flight reservations to Togo, you are required to inform our Volunteer Coordinator immediately with the following information: Arrival – City, Country; Date (MM/DD/YY); Time (include AM/PM); Airline; and Flight Number Departure – City, Country; Date (MM/DD/YY); Time (include AM/PM); Airline; and Flight Number
You cannot join our program in Togo without provision of these details.
The Trip Cost includes:
- All accommodations during the program dates
- All transport during the program dates, plus optional services to and from the airport
- All meals during the program dates
- In-country staff of locals and international coordinators
- Experienced educators and guides
- In-country cultural activities and some excursions
The price of your trip does not include:
- International or internal flights
- Travel taxes and excess baggage charges
- Visa and passport fees
- Travel insurance
- Optional activities and sightseeing not included in our program (costs of paragliding and djembe building materials are not included in our program)
- All personal expenses (phone services, dinners out, laundry, etc.)
The minimum age for our trips is 18 years old. However, participants under the age of 18 may attend if accompanied by a guardian (familial or legal relation) over the age of 21 who assumes responsibility for the younger participant for the entire duration of the trip.
Our trips have no upper age limit. However, we remind you that our trips can be physically demanding and we encourage participants over the age of 70 to consult with their doctor before travel.
8. Passports and Visas
You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the countries in which you will visit during your trip. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation, and we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of visa problems such as vaccinations or non-refundable flights. We strongly urge participants to purchase travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
9. Authority on a Trip
Our programs in Togo are run by a small group of leaders in the InTerraTree Team, including U.S. based and Togo based leaders. The decision of group leaders is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any person participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a group leader, or interfere with the well-being of the group, the group leader may order you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited.
10. Acceptance of Risk
You acknowledge that the nature of the trip is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in most daily lives. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you assume the personal risks attendant upon such travel. Our obligations include providing services and facilities with reasonable care and skill give the circumstances of the travel destination.
11. Limitation of Liability
a. We will accept liability for the negligence of our staff or agents causing death or physical injury to persons or loss or damage to personal property only to the extent it is obliged under the applicable law. This acceptance of liability is subject to clause c. below.
b. In other circumstances we are responsible to you for the proper performance of this contract. This acceptance of liability is subject to clause c. below.
c. We shall not be liable for any damage or loss if the failure to carry out the contract is:
- attributable to you.
- attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and the event is unforeseeable or unavoidable.
- due to unforeseen and unusual circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had to be exercised.
- due to political disputes, border closures, refusal of visas, industrial action, climate, high altitude, consumption of alcoholic beverages, breakdown of equipment, lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations and the adequacy of medical attention once provided, or other matters of a similar nature and any other force majeure.
- due to an event which we, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
d. Any liability covered under clause b. above is limited to the price paid. In the case of damaged property the liability is limited to a maximum amount equal to the amount paid by or on behalf of the owner of the property. In all cases we specifically exclude all liability for indirect or consequential loss or expense including loss of profits.
f. our acceptance of liability in clauses a and b above is subject to assignment by you of your rights against any agent, supplier or sub-contractor which is in any way responsible for the unsatisfactory arrangements or your death or personal injury.
12. Optional Activities
Optional activities not included in the trip price do not form part of the trip or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your project or tour leader or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them.
13. Errors & Omissions
Although we have made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in our trip documentation including promotional materials and website we cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or unintentional misrepresentation that may occur.
14. Photos and Marketing
You consent to us using images of you taken during the trip for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
We at InTerraTree recognize that privacy is important. This outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use our services, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
Personal information and other data we collect
- We collect personal information when you register for a service or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. Such as:
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Contact us or request printed materials
- Book a trip with us
- Purchase or otherwise contact our partner organization, Drums for Development
- We may use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested, including sending email newsletters, or sending printed materials to your home.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve our services.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.
For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us any time. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org