Donating is quick.
Your impact lasts forever.
Thanks to many generous contributors we were able to purchase 1 hectare (2.2 acres) to begin building the InTerraTree site near Kpalime in Togo, West Africa. Now the landowner has cut us a deal, saying that we only need to raise $3,000 more to have access to the remaining of this 20 acre site. (See more below.) Any contribution you can make to enable us to begin working the rest of the InTerraTree land would be greatly appreciated!
We Need Supplies! Can you help?
As you can imagine, building an ecovillage from the ground up requires a lot of tools, materials, and equipment. Building an ecovillage in Africa presents additional challenges because goods and services we are used to in the Global North are difficult to source there. Every contribution you can make will go a long way in making the InTerraTree dream a reality. Right now we are in especial need of:
- Design Tools: Tape measurers, tracing paper, protractor, triangles, drawing compass, scale ruler, etc.
- Basic Building Tools: Carpentry pencils, hammer, utility knife, level, handsaw, chisel, block plane, etc.
- Medical Supplies: Gauze pads, cloth tape, adhesive bandages, tweezers, antibiotic ointment, roller bandage, latex gloves, anti-diarrhea medication, etc.
- Solar Panels: These will be the renewable energy source that will power the entire InTerraTree site. *Estimated cost: $3,000*
- Water Filtration System: In Africa it is necessary to filter our water to make it safe to drink. We are seeking a system that utilizes appropriate technology and natural materials. *Estimated cost: $1,000*
Thanks to generous contributors, our crowdfunding campaign was a success!
What we have accomplished so far
We raised over $5,000, an amount that will go a long way in Africa. We have already been able to purchase 1 hectare (2.2 acres) of lush tropical land located just outside the city of Kpalime in Togo, West Africa. The site is ideal because it is close enough to the city for ease of travel and an abundance of tourists coming through, yet far enough away that the beautiful forest can surround you. Indeed, our choice of this land was strategic. We want InTerraTree put a halt to the urban sprawl of Kpalime, and offer surrounding farmers an alternative to the economic and food system model of globalization that is encroaching upon traditional way of life in Africa. We want the people to see that there is a different choice – one that creates real wealth, values the environment, and gives people back their sovereignty.
But we are not done yet!
Now the landowner has cut us a deal, saying that we only need to raise $3,000 more to have access to the remaining of this 20 acre site. With the extra money we will be able to begin developing the entirety of the InTerraTree land – into an ecovillage and sustainability education center owned and operated by the local community. Any contribution you can make to enable us to begin working the rest of the InTerraTree land would be greatly appreciated.
We are infinitely grateful for your support in the initial phases of making InTerraTree a reality.